Recipe by: Eleonora’s Kitchen, Brisbane
Preparation time: 20-30 minutes
This recipe is about the sauce. Just four simple pantry essentials in the right proportions: soy sauce, honey, garlic and chilli 🌶 flakes. A terrific way to serve salmon that is just so crazy quick and easy and so delicious!
Made it? Let me know how it went in the comment section below!
You will need:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets, patted dry with a paper towel
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
To make honey garlic glazed salmon:
1. Season salmon both side with salt and pepper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat two tablespoons oil. When oil is hot but not smoking, add salmon skin-side up. Cook salmon until deeply golden, about 6 minutes, then flip over.
4. Add garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the honey mixture and sliced lemons and cook until sauce is reduced by about 1/3. Baste salmon with the sauce.
5. Garnish with sliced lemon and serve with steam rice.